Features that Improve Your Child's Grades →
Weekly Online Classes
We provide a dedicated WhatsApp number to support you beyond our grinds. We make exams easy! We teach proven strategies and skills to help your child reach their full potential.
Small Groups Of Matched Ability
Our qualified tutors lead small groups all matched by their abilities. We encourage collaboration and discussion among students, creating a supportive and enjoyable environment for learning.
Recordings & Notes
All recordings and notes will be at your fingertips, plus a 15-minute worksheet on each week's topic. Plus we provide a dedicated WhatsApp number to support you beyond our grinds -- that's support!
How we will help improve your grades:
Our Leaving Cert English grinds are an after-school support to help students learn and excel in their exams.
Students log into a weekly Zoom call at a set time. Classes consist of a mix of teaching theory and answering exam questions.
Each student receives our expert recordings and study notes, plus a 15-minute worksheet on each week's topic.
We will teach you the skills and knowledge required to effectively tackle the all-important Paper 1 exam.
HERE IS WHAT YOU GET
WEEKLY ONLINE CLASSES
All classes are via Zoom. We'll teach you how to effectively approach and answer your English Leaving Cert exam.
COMPLEX TOPICS MADE EASY
We make exams easy! We teach proven strategies and skills to help your child reach their full potential.
RECORDINGS AND NOTES
All recordings and notes will be at your fingertips, plus a 15-minute worksheet on each week's topic.
24/7 SUPPORT SERVICE
We provide a dedicated WhatsApp number to support you beyond our grinds. Simply send a pic of whatever you're struggling with. We will then reply with a how-to video--that’s support!
SMALL GROUPS OF MATCHED ABILITY
Our qualified tutors lead small groups all matched by their abilities. So stop struggling and start learning!
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
We are so confident in our services and products that we offer a 100% refund if you don't love us!
How to Sign-Up:
1. BOOK YOUR FREE GRIND
Book your free grind via this page. After booking, you'll receive a Zoom invite via email.
2. LOG INTO A WEEKLY ZOOM CALL
Log in to receive your one-hour free lesson. All you need is a pen and paper.
3. CHOOSE TO CONTINUE OUR WEEKLY GINDS
We will contact the parent directly after the free grind. Parents pay just €29 per week via weekly Direct Debit. Cancel anytime!
Leaving Certificate English Tips and Tricks
Your Leaving Cert English exam can be long, challenging, and require a lot of studying to get a good grade. However, just studying is not enough; you need to know the right topics to learn about and the right strategies to implement to get the grades you're seeking.
So, here are the tips and tricks you need to succeed in English during your leaving certificate exams.
1. Read the questions– A common mistake that students make in an English exam is starting to answer a question before fully reading and understanding it. The exam questions are not designed to trick you, but they can be tricky. So double-check the question before answering.
5. Keep on point – Long-winded answers are usually where students can go astray from the initial point they were making. This can make answers appear aimless and poorly put together. This is why you must remember the key point of your response and stick with it.
2. Plan your answers– After fully understanding any question in your exam, plan out your answer before starting to write. Be tactical, and draft a brief plan of how you will answer. You can then refer to this plan as you write your answers. This point is especially important for longer answers.
6. Watch the clock – If you love writing, you may accidentally spend too much time on a writing task during your exam, especially if you are a perfectionist. While this can help you to score high marks on that question, you could lose out on more marks overall as you need more time to answer other sections. Manage your time wisely.
3. Bring a spare pen – Your English leaving cert exams are some of the longest, in terms of the amount you need to write. This writing can eat through the ink in a pen, so bring a spare just to be safe. You want to avoid flowing through a story or epic answer to a comprehension, only to have to stop and ask for another pen.
4. Back up your claims and ideas – When answering questions on your English exam, you need to be able to make a logical argument for whatever answer you are giving. Use quotes and texts to support your solutions, and then explain in detail how you have reached your conclusions. More than just providing a simple answer is required.
7. Don't hold back– Often under the stressful environment of an exam, people worry too much and need to let themselves perform to their full potential. This can show especially in creative writing tasks. So let yourself go when writing, and let your personality and skills shine through.
8. Statement, quote, and explain– This is the trick to answering your reading comprehension questions and any questions on poetry, Shakespeare, novels, or films you’ve studied. It works by first making a statement to answer the question. Then you back this statement up with a quote and explain the implications or meaning behind the answer.
OUR HAPPY CUSTOMERS
"I got the leaving cert points I wanted!! I followed your advice down to a tee, and just like you said, as soon as I the exam, the nerves disappeared. Thanks so much for everything!!."
- Paul Murphy
Weekly Grinds We Offer
Online interactive weekly grinds accompanied with our renowned study notes
Our Latest Study Notes