Features that Improve Your Child's Grades →
Weekly Online Classes
We provide a dedicated WhatsApp number to support you beyond our grinds. We make exams easy! We teach proven strategies and skills to help your child reach their full potential.
Small Groups Of Matched Ability
Our qualified tutors lead small groups all matched by their abilities. We encourage collaboration and discussion among students, creating a supportive and enjoyable environment for learning.
Recordings & Notes
All recordings and notes will be at your fingertips, plus a 15-minute worksheet on each week's topic. Plus we provide a dedicated WhatsApp number to support you beyond our grinds -- that's support!
Personalised online tuition to boost grades and confidence
Improve your grades by 2x with lessons that match your child's needs and learning goals.
Start with a FREE trial lesson
Book your free grind via this page. After booking, you'll receive a Zoom invite via email.
Log into a Weekly Zoom Call
Log in to receive your one-hour free lesson. All you need is a pen and paper.
Become a Member and save
After the free trial, Parents pay just €29 per week via weekly Direct Debit. Cancel anytime!
Here Is What You Get:
Our passionate and dedicated teachers help full-time students get everything they need by subject as they study for the Junior and Leaving Certificate. So stop struggling and start learning!
Trained & Experienced
We train our online tutors to be more than just teachers. Our interview process ensures students get experienced tuition and the educational support they deserve.
Free First Lesson
We offer a FREE trial lesson! This means you get to try our service before committing. Once you've had your call you'll have the option to continue the lessons.
No hidden fees
You’ll never pay for anything other than the tuition sessions that you receive! We are so confident in our services and products that we offer a 100% refund if you don't love us!
Leaving Certificate Chemistry Tips and Tricks
Leaving certificate chemistry is one of the hardest and most challenging exams. This paper tests a number of students' capabilities and skills, which can be intimidating for some students. However, when you know the top tricks for acing chemistry, you can reduce your stress and earn some success.
Here are the top tips and tricks for leaving certificate chemistry.
1. Study the experiments – The experiments you've covered over the leaving certificate cycle can come up in the exams as questions. That's why it's essential that you know the titles of the experiments, how they work, and why it matters before sitting the paper.
5. Know the definitions – Knowing all the formulas, facts, and definitions inside out is an easy way of picking up marks. These can come up in long questions or be short questions of their own. Either way, it's worth some marks. Knowing the little definitions can be the difference between a pass or fail.
2. Choose your questions wisely – You do not have to answer every question on the chemistry exam. So spend a few minutes at the start of the exam to read through the different questions and choose the ones you think you can answer best. You can return to the questions you skipped if you have extra time in the end.
6. Think before you start answering – Read questions twice and decide on an answer before you start writing. You can even write a brief plan for your answer before you start. Taking the time to double-check the questions can prevent silly mistakes that come from rushing.
3. Prepare for long questions – The long question sections make up a massive chunk of your overall grade. So study intensely on topics that are likely to come up here. Check out past exam papers online and test your knowledge to get comfortable asking these questions. The more times you practice these questions, the better you'll be at answering.
7. Master the required mathematics skills and techniques – A large chunk of the chemistry exam is based on calculations. So practice the sums you've covered repeatedly until you can do them in your sleep. This allows you to rely on these skills to get a grade.
4. Keep track of time – Many leaving certificate exams put students under pressure to complete all the work, and chemistry is no exception. So manage your time carefully. You want to spend only a short time on one answer if it stops you from answering other sections within the timeframe. A great way of keeping track of time is by allocating a certain amount of time per question.
8. Check out chemistry predictions – You can make educated guesses as to what will come up where in the chemistry exams for the leaving certificate. You can do this by checking out patterns in the last exam papers and asking your teachers about what will come up in the test. Of course, you'll never know what will come up, so rely only a little on the predictions.